Home > Planning
Two new planning applications - objections needed!
Alderton Neighbourhood Plan Referendum
What do I need to know?
- The Neighbourhood Plan is an important way for Alderton's voice to be heard in planning matters. If passed it will be taken into account by Tewkesbury Borough Council when determining planning applications. The Referendum will be held on Thursday 21st June 2018
- The Referendum question is: "Do you want Tewkesbury Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Alderton to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
- The Plan requires a majority of votes (more than 50%) to be brought it into force.
How do I vote?
- The Referendum is held by Tewkesbury Borough Council in the same way as all elections. All residents of Alderton Parish registered to vote in local elections are entitled to vote.
- You will be sent a polling card in the post with all of your voting information.
- The Polling Centre is in the Village Hall.
- Applications for postal voting need to be received by Tewkesbury Borough Council by 6th June. Postal votes will be sent around Friday 8th June.
- IF POSSIBLE ALL RESIDENTS SHOULD VOTE AS THE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN IS AN IMPORTANT WAY FOR US TO CONTROL OUR OWN DESTINY AND TO ENSURE THAT PLANNING APPLICATIONS CONSIDER THE VILLAGE NEEDS.
- The Neighbourhood Development Plan and associated documentation are available to view on this webpage. A leaflet summarising the Neighbourhood Development Plan will also be sent to all residents.
- Copies of the Plan are available in the Church and the Village Hall will open on 9th June from 12pm to 4pm with copies of the Plan available to read.
Neighbourhood Plan Information Afternoon - Sat 9th June 12pm to 4pm - Village Hall
Want to find out more or need some advice as to which way to vote then come along to the Village Hall on Saturday 9th June from 12pm to 4pm where copies of the Plan will be available to read and people around to answer any questions.
Please note that the Parish Council is not permitted to campaign in the pre-Referendum period.
Charles Church - Land to the South of Beckford Road, Alderton
Decision: 22nd May 2014
Result: Appeal allowed, permission granted for 47 houses
Edward Ware Homes - Land to the West of Willow Bank Road, Alderton
Decision: 17th July 2015
Result: Appeal dismissed, permission refused for 53 houses
Banner Homes - Land East of Willow Bank Road, Alderton
Decision: 17th July 2015
Result: Appeal allowed, permission granted for 24 houses
Freeman Homes - Land east of St Margarets Drive, Alderton
Decision: 17th March 2015
Result: Appeal dismissed, permission refused for 60 houses
David Greening Homes - Land adjacent to Gretton View, Alderton
Application E3 - Gypsy, Traveller and Travelling Showpeople Site
Application E2 - Application 13/01018/FUL
Application E1 - Application G1630/A/14/2219972
Result: Appeals dismissed